All fitness experts suggest exercise bikes for the indoor workout. But a few peoples carry enough information’s about the best exercise bike. Today I am going to share with you about the best exercise bikes reviews, benefits and buying a guide. After completion of this article, you will get a clear idea about the best exercise bikes. There are lots of indoor exercise tools for cardio exercise. But exercise bikes are one of the best choices for cardio exercise because it safely makes your fitness.
However, if you do not seek an exercise bike for your home yet, you have to know about different exercise bikes before buying. There are lots of exercise bikes considering price, size, features & quality. People think the best quality always depends on the high price. If you also think the same, this article will break your idea. We have tried our level best to include the best picks here within your budget and for your needs.
In this article, I am going to cover the type of home exercise bikes, fantastic benefits, best exercise bikes reviews considering, the features you must think before buying exercise bikes, workout dress, how to use exercise bikes, maintenance and finally the summary. We hope that this article will help you to choose your best exercise bikes.
List of Our Top 10 Best Exercise Bikes reviews:
- Xterra Fitness FB150
- L NOW Indoor Cycling Bike D600
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Bike
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Exercise Bike
- Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike
- Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
- FitDesk Desk Exercise Bike
- L NOW Upright Bike D808
Types of Indoor Exercise Bikes
There are different types of home exercise bikes in the market. But three are more popular.
- The first one is upright bikes: Which items are suitable for beginners and considered as a cheap bike.
- The second one is spin bikes. These particular types of fitness lovers: Who already have some spinning experience under their belt. Have a generally high level of fitness. Prefer to self-direct their workouts.
- The third one is recumbent bikes: with their easy-entry design. which is best for those: With back injuries, Mobility issues, Who want extensive programming.
Features to be considered when buying an exercise bike
Firstly you have to figure out what your exercise goals are. Because there are so many brands and types of exercise bikes available in the market. We have also seen advertised on TV, in the newspaper, and on the internet. But when you go in the market for purchasing the bike, choosing one is not as smooth as you would expect. When I started my research on exercise bikes, little did I know that I would spend so much time figuring which one has the best resistance type or the sturdiest frame? Yes, here I am going to talk about some essential features which we need to know that before purchasing exercise bikes. After completion of this section, I hope you can easily select your best one.
Safety: Safety is the most important factor for any equipment. For your safety, also children and pets safe, you must check the moving parts (like the chain and the flywheel) of the exercise bike are covered. So that children can’t get their fingers or other body parts stuck in them. Ultimately cover parts minimize the risk of injury.
A comfortable and adjustable seat: Comfort is important for any person. That’s why you have to make sure the seat is large and cushioned enough for you to be comfortable throughout your exercise session. If the seat is hard and small, you have to bye a new seat.
Adjustable height/ Handlebar: You have to make sure also, Is seat adjustable or not? Vertical adjustment is significant because if the seat can be adjusted vertically to be able to adapt it to the height of your hips as it will prevent you from hurting your back and joints. If the seat has provisions for horizontal adjustment, it is also plus point but it is not mandatory.
You have to make sure the handlebar’s height is adjustbale. If you want to set your optimal position on the bike, the height of the handlebars is more important. If the bike does not fit your shape well, you may not be inclined to use it as regularly as you intend. That’s why selection a bike with adjustable height is so outstanding.
Check the weight limit and weight of bike: Weight limit and weight of the bike depends on brands and types of exercise bikes. You have to select your one considering your specifications. Most models come with weight limits ranging from 250 to 300 pounds so you should find one easily unless you are morbidly obese. The more it weighs the more stable it will be.
For heavy bikes, there have to transport wheels included; otherwise, you will have a tough time moving your machine from one place to another. That’s why before purchasing you have to must check the weight limit and weight of bike along with size also.
Easy-to-Read Displays: Display is the most significant factor. The display has to be user-friendly along with easy-to-use controls. An excellent display will show heart rate per minute, revolutions per minute (RPM), calories burned, resistance level, weight and time. Some manufacturers design exercise bikes, which are compatible with heart rate controlled workout considering age, weight, and gender. That’s why I would request you before buying check the display.
A Heart Rate Monitor: You have to make sure Heart rate monitor is available or not an LCD display. Built-in heart rate monitors offer you an ability to track your performance levels.
Smooth Pedaling: You might be thinking pedals are not an important factor. But it can be immensely frustrating if the bike has poorly fitted toe straps and your feet keep slipping out and also feel uncomfortable. Many bikers select those pedals that have toe cages to prevent any slippage. That’s why you have to make the sure feature of pedals that come with straps to protect your feet and enhance smooth pedaling.
Resistance Levels: When you will generally find the cheaper model have fewer resistance levels. Mid-range ones are better built, feel more solid and make less noise. For the high ones have advanced features and several resistance levels.
Warranty: This is the most important factor you have to must consider the warranty. Warranty depends on type and model. It also depends on the manufacturer. Sometimes different parts have a separate warranty. Some parts for repairing and some for replacement. That’s why before purchasing you have to check the warranty paper.
Dimensions/size, Water bottle holder, transport wheels and noise level also an essential factor that you have to make sure before buying it.
TOP 10 BEST SELLER EXERCISE BIKE REVIEWS:
Xterra Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
The Xterra indoor cycling bike is one of the most popular decent price bikes all over the world. Although, it is a small and quiet bike but it offers superb performance smoothly.
With upright options makes an incredible bike in the home gym. However, space-saving design LCD console and unique features give it worldwide small indoor bike fame.
For kind of information, Xterra Fitness FB 150 Folding exercise bike gets two times the best seller award for this wonderful indoor cycling. I hope it will give you lots of satisfaction that’s your looking forward.
- The seat is designed largely anatomically, and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long-lasting comfort and support.
- When not in use just 16.75″ x 18″ of floor space needed because of solid x-frame design folds
- LCD window is large, which size is 2″ x 1″ LCD. That’s why easy to read all necessary information- clearly displays speed, distance, time, pulse and calories.
- 3-piece peddle crank for added durability.
- Easily controlled by eight levels of manual resistance through the large dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels.
L NOW Indoor Cycling Bike Smooth Belt Driven (Model D600)
The L NOW indoor cycling bike comes with excellent super quiet and smooth driving options that make your bike more effective and convenient home gym equipped.
During a workout, your friends and community member don’t feel disturbed because it gives quiet driving facilities.
Basically, L NOW indoor cycling design for those people who like to riding but overweight is the main factor to interrupt for doing it. Using this super stylish bike developed your strength level with stamina.
- For ensuring smooth and quiet workouts, this is designed by the belt driven mechanism.
- The monitor is LCD which can easily read speed, time, distance, calories, pulse and odometers.
- Consistency adjustable resistance with a turning knob. Heavy-duty steel frame system with a 22 lbs flywheel.
- Easy assembly, 2- way adjustable handlebar and leveler, supports up to 280 Ibs.
- 4-way adjustable, breathable seat, smartphone holder, and multi-grip handlebar.
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Folding Bike
Are you searching folding recumbent exercise bike for indoor use? The SUNNY health and fitness are one of the most popular recumbent exercise bikes all over the fitness community.
It is a very solid and sturdy fashionable pink folding frame bike which helps for easy storage after a workout. It has the largest comfortable seat with backrest for a long time workout without any injuries. Basically, the bike has been designed for lovely women who like to experience real cycling advantages.
- Easy storage, folding frame
- The excellent display features speed, time, distance and calories
- Magnetic resistance system is adjustable and nonskid foot pedal with straps.
- Seat and seat back are designed by a cushion.
- The seat is adjustable by various user heights
Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike with Pulse(Highly recommended)
I hope you will know Exerpeutic folding upright bike that becomes a more recommended bike on the planet. The bike can be able to carry more than 300 lbs weight that’s outstanding in the upright bike community.
Probably, Exerpeutic folding bike is the highest weight carried bike not only the highest weight carried bike but also offers super performance.
Using this upright folding bike you will get all of the advantages that are offer another high price exercise bike. So if you have not another choice you can pick up it and start your fitness journey without any doubt.
- Up to 300 lbs weight capacity and intended to be used on the hard-flat floor.
- Seat easily adjustable from 5.3 to 6.1 inch and also designed by cushion for people of any size.
- Heart rate can measure
- The design is compact and easy storage due to a folding system. You can move with the transportation wheels.
- 8 level magnetic tension system designs magnetic tension control system.
Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Exercise Bike SF-B2721
Another top-class folding bike comes with Sunny health and fitness brand that’s offer decent price with world-class performance. It has extra-large seats with backrest and the fully-adjustable system makes an incredible recumbent exercise bike for lose weight.
Usually, most of the people like this type of workout equipped because it will help easily achieve your fitness goal. So if you like the upright model and doing some exercise so it is a great option for your indoor use.
- Extra-large designs this (XL) padded seat and backrest for comfort while exercising
- Water bottle holder behind the seat.
- Belt drive is smooth. The smooth belt drive keeps your ride stable, comfort and silent. The 3.3 ib flywheel supports ten levels of adjustable magnetic resistance.
- LCD monitor is designed by time, speed, distance, calories, odometer, and pulse rate.
- The bike is fully adjustable. Extra Large Recumbent bike adjusts three levels to support a versatile yet challenging workout. Inseam min/22” max: 28” inches. Fully padded seat adjusts up/down, and handlebars can be folded for users to get on and off easily.
- Wheels design this, that’s why can easy have moved to others place. Easy storage due to the folding system; Folded Dims 12.5L X 20W X 57H inches Max weight 300 lb. Pedals are coated.
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
The Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity recumbent bike with a super performance option makes an amazing bike in the fitness center.
It has 8-levels of magnetic tension control system offer to maximize your ride and challenging workout experience. Although, the bike offers long time workout options that are great for your fitness goal without fell injuries.
The fitness monitor tracks your current fitness data and motivated you for more workouts. I am pretty sure that it will be full-fill you’re all your fitness requirements.
- 8 level magnetic tension system designs magnetic tension control system.
- Adjustable height
- The monitor is easy-to-read LCD display which can easily read speed, time, distance, calories, pulse, heart rate, and odometers.
- Dimensions (22W, 34H, and 54D) with a 63-pound weight and maximum user weight 300 pounds.
- One-year manufacturer warranty.
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike (Recommended)
Are you searching for a popular workout equipped brand that offers a decent price with top-class performance? If this answer is positive, so Exerpeutic 400XL folding recumbent bike is the great choice for your requirements.
Exerpeutic is one of the top-class workout brands that also offer quality workout results effectively and efficiently. Especially, Heavy-duty weight capacity and double-drive transmission system make it an excellent recumbent workout equipped ever. Finally, if you consider this outstanding fitness bike so you can achieve your fitness goals easily.
- 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system.
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with V-belt double-drive transmission system.
- The monitor is easy-to-read LCD display. Which can easily read speed, time, distance, calories, pulse & heart rate?
- Large seat cushion and backrest. This is designed for easy entry and exit. Precision-balanced flywheel.
- Dimensions (33L, 19W and 46H) and supports up to 300 pounds.
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
Searching for easy to reduce extra weight and developed cardio strength without spending more floor space? The ME-709 magnetic resistance recumbent indoor exercise bike is a great option for this answer.
The Marcy recumbent exercise bike will offer a similar type of fitness feature with benefits that offer a large and more expensive recumbent exercise bike. It is a very popular exercise bike because it can fit a small space without facing a problem.
The small bike also developed your strength level and reduces your extra weight with good shape.
- Heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing designs this with powder coated finish.
- Eight resistance levels.
- The monitor is easy-to-read LCD display which can easily read speed, time, distance, calories, pulse & heart rate.
- The padded seat is very much comfortable. It has extra support for back and arms to help maintain form when exercising.
- Foot support is maximum because counterbalanced pedals.
FitDesk Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
The FitDesk exercise bike comes with more comfort during workout sessions. You can use this exercise bike during work because it has a working desk.
I am pretty sure that using this exercise bike you can easily finish your fitness goal and completes your office task properly.
A unique and stylish design makes it an incredible workout bike ever. So if you looking at this type of equipped FitDesk exercise bike is the ideal choice for your work station.
- It is unique because it has desk features the non-slip surface, easy access drawer and massage rollers positioned to make typing while exercising comfortably
- This is designed by digital resistance meter tracks mileage, calories, time, etc.
- Durable structure
- Seat back is adjustable. It allows for upright and semi-recumbent use.
L NOW Upright Bike Magnetic Resistance D808
In this article L NOW upright bike is the last exercise bike. The colorful bike comes with a solid and constructing design that makes powerful and effective your workout.
A fully adjustable seat and adjustable handlebar offer a more comfortable workout session without having any issue. If you like colorful workout equipped so it is a great option for your indoor home gym.
- Weight capacity is up to 300 lbs. And used on the hard-flat floor.
- Dimensions: 50.4 x 57.3 x 21.6 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight is 66.2 pounds
- Very quiet fashion design and decorative.
- The monitor is easy-to-read LCD display which can easily read speed, time, distance, calories, body fat, etc.
- 8-level magnetic tension control system and allow the tension level adjustment.
What is the best exercise bike?
If you pay more than you will get a better product(100% true). But, there is the best selling product according to customers reviews and ratings within the lower price. After considering all features and top ten exercise bike reviews, we can note the point that “Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse” is the best bike for an indoor workout. It complies with all consumers needs, and that is why it is the best sellers exercise bike also. All of the features that make it best:
- The durable frame structure. That ensures the long-lasting service.
- The Largest cushioned comfortable seat that motivates your workout and feels better.
- The excellent display monitor shows all necessary data during workout including heart rate.
- Eight level of magnetic resistance that adjusts your speed and necessity.
- Hand plus sensors that track your heart rate.
- It can be folded into its half size and can store in a small space.
- It has a transfer wheel that makes it a compact in design that you can transfer from one place to another place.
- Affordable price compared to the competitors.
- It has lower negative reviews.
Key 9 Benefits of Exercise Bikes:
You know what, if you want to build your lower body super strong, exercise bikes are the best tools. Most probably you know what it looks like because every gym has an exercise bike. By using it every day, it helps to boost your immune system, manage your body weight, and keep your body in check. And today’s machines are better than ever before. Many models feature customizable fitness programs, built-in heart rate monitors, cooling fans, and so much more. Read on for an in-depth look at the significant benefits of exercise bikes. And to top it all, it has some fantastic benefits! If you want to know what those benefits are and need help in buying one, this post is the one for you!
- Cardio option: It is an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular system. Cardio exercise works to regulate blood sugar, lower high blood pressure and prevent heart failure. So, if you use it every day, it helps to make healthy heart and also the respiratory system without heavy activity. It also works hard to lower the bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in your body. Just put it, using 30 minutes exercise bikes a day for a handful of times per week can extend your life.
- Weight loss: We are very much worried about body weight as well as we are trying to lose body weight these days. Riding exercise bikes are the most natural solution for burning calories which leads to helps decrease body weight. According to women’s health specialist, a 135-pound woman can burn up to 500 calories from an hour of cycling. Thus, riding a stationary bike for 30 minutes at a time can burn anywhere between 200-300 calories (depending on the users’ weight).
- Improved joint mobility: Knees, ankles, and hips are affected by various ways. A bike is the best exceptional way to get your heart rate up without excess stress on those precious joints. When you paddle, all these joints rotate, which is beneficial for their range of motion, and they also become strong. In fact, a bike puts even less stress on the back, hips, knees, and ankles than walking. So, it is the best way to improve joint mobility.
- Muscle Strengthening: To strengthen the major muscle groups that support leg, back, thigh and hamstring muscles as well as trains a strong core by using stationary bikes. It has two different strokes. One is the pull and push is another one. Pulling up is a great way to strengthen the hamstrings and To push down on the pedals is a great way to strengthen the quads. It also has an extra bonus; a bonus is it causes less stress on the knees than outdoor bikes.
- Toning: People who ride exercise bikes daily, they are known for having amazing legs. Here the sense is when you are pedaling away on a bike, your calves and quads at work propelling the bike. It also has another bonus, using handlebar, you make your upper body a workout, too.
- Easy and Convenient: It is very easy and convenient. Is outside weather too cold or too hot or too rainy? Who cares!!!!!!!!! Because you can keep a recumbent bike at home, at the office or dining room or bedroom or reading room. You can use any time it, before breakfast, lunch or dinner or during the break at work. Another plus point is when you are on your machine, you can read the newspaper; you can also catch up on your TV shows or keep an eye on your little ones. Cycling can be done by all level of exercisers- beginners, intermediate, and advanced. In the hectic life, when can’t find the proper time for exercise you can use it at your home before a meal.
- Low-Risk Exercise: This is risk-free exercise as well as less stress. A bike puts even less force on the back, hips, knees, and ankles than walking.
- Killer Lower Body: Knees, hips, inner and outer thigh, ankles, calves all are a lower body part. If you ride bikes, it helps to make good lower fitness of your body as well as burn fats.
- Better Health: It does not only help in weight loss or cardiovascular system. It also improves overall health. It enhances internal health and also increases longevity. According to women’s health specialist, a cyclist lives two years longer than non-bikers and suffers 15% less illness.
Tips for a Best Cycling Workout:
I will discuss how to ride an exercise bike effectively in this section. Riding bikes is an excellent part of any workout routine. Some tips that can help you get the most out of your exercise bike rides.
- Setting your Position correctly: You have to make sure the seat is positioned in your way that allows your feet to touch the pedals before starting ride your exercise bikes easily and you have to adjust handlebars to a height that will enable your weight to be equally distributed between your arms and posterior.
- Warm yourself up: If you do 5 to 10 minutes warm up you will get more stamina. If you use peddle at a steady pace like 8 miles per hour, after that you will be free to peddle at your choosing speed, this choosing speed may be faster or slower than your warm-up speed. This warm-up exercise will help you for prolonged exercise bike rides.
- Setting peddles position: Maintaining a right foot position throughout your riding session is essential. It is also necessary to exert pressure for each peddles stroke as opposed to using pressure for each stroke’s downward portion during riding. This practice is known as “pedaling in circles” and practice help elevate your heart rate. If you are new to this concept, don’t forget to take periodic breaks.
- Music: Make a playlist for your cycling workout because humans have this instinct to move with the beats. According to beats you can choose the song and use them to bring vibration in your workout.
- Make variations: Throughout your workout make the variations. Without any variation, if you are peddling at the same pace for a long time, you will not get the better result because your muscles adapt to movements repeated for a long time.
How to Maintenance an Exercise Bike:
If you want to learn about the maintenance of exercise bikes, you have to read the manufacturer’s manual. Cleaning and maintenance methods will vary depending on the machine/ model/ type. Maintenance can be preventive (Pre-planned maintenance) and breakdown (repairing/ unplanned maintenance). Cleanliness is one type of maintenance. After each use, if you clean your exercise bike which minimizes the risk of breakdown. That’s why we always recommend you go with a manual of manufacturer recommendations for better maintenance.
Cleanliness: After each use as per manufacturer recommendation clean your machine.
Make a Maintenance Schedule:
Any failure can be a headache. That’s why you have to make a routine maintenance schedule as well as a maintenance checklist. After making schedule and checklist, you can put this on the wall beside exercise bike. I would also request you read the manufacturer’s maintenance manual. By following this guide, you can keep your machine in excellent condition and help to minimize significant breakdown. Example of Preventive Maintenance Checklist:
- Clean covers
- Lubricate chains
- Check shocks
- Check electrical connections
- Clean frame
- Vacuum interior
- Check handrails
- Diagnose errors
- Clean friction belt
- Grease pivots
- Check springs
- Check cables
Final Words for your indoor exercise bikes:
Exercise bikes are great for the cardiovascular system as well as weight loss goals. You will also get a shapely round butt, sculpted calves, and killer legs. But you can’t do only cycling all the time because it will help you to make a lower body, it does not do much for your upper body even with the dual action of handlebars. So, you have to make sure upper body workout apart from exercise bikes. Finally, an exercise bike is awesome, because it has lots of health benefits and also it is pocket-friendly. I think you will be helpful with our best exercise bikes reviews article to choose and buy your best indoor equipment.
If you are looking to engage in some effective weight-reducing exercises, like many people, you may wonder about the better equipment to use between a stationary bike and the treadmill. Though we do not have a clear answer for that, you can make a more informed decision on your preferred equipment, based on the unique …
Hi, guys are you looking for the best exercise bike under $1000? Don’t be worried about it because here I have been described some mid-range budget exercise bike for your fitness activities. Now, an exercise bike is one of the most powerful workouts equipped in every single home gym and fitness center. Thousand of exercise …